Open for Browsing!
The Scandinavia Public Library is open for browsing!
Operating guidelines are reviewed by the Library Board at each monthly meeting. These are the guidelines as of the June 14, 2021 meeting:
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are required by all patrons age 2 & up, regardless of vaccination status, while in the library and during any library programs in the Municipal Building. Librarians will not be monitoring patron vaccination status.
- Maximum occupancy in the library is 12 people (including the librarian). We ask patrons to wait outside if we are already at capacity.
- Children age 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Browsing time should be kept to 60 minutes or less.
- Wash or sanitize your hands as you enter the library.
- Maintain social distancing
- No food or beverages allowed while in the library.
- Patrons notified that they should isolate or quarantine due to a positive COVID-19 test or suspected exposure are not allowed in the library.
Curbside pickup service is still available!
Public computers are also available for patron use:
- Time will be limited to 60 minutes per patron per day.
- Patrons may call or email the library ahead of time to reserve a computer to make sure one is available for them when they arrive.
Printing, faxing, and reference services are available in person and via email.
Reference services are available in person via email, and over the phone. Feel free to ask about technology (devices and apps), free book and audio-book downloads, library card registration or renewal, other questions, or just to chat! Some topics may require more research time, but that is what we are here to provide, and we are happy to do so.
You can still place holds for items through your account in InfoSoup, and we are also happy to select items for you. Tell us some titles, authors, or subjects you like, and we'll select 6-12 books, DVDs, or other items for you and your family to enjoy.
We look forward to seeing everyone in the library again!
Library phone: 715-467-4636
Library email: email@example.com