Imagine Your Story Summer Programming
The Scandinavia Public Library has created a fun summer program designed to help people of all ages explore new ideas, books and activities. As you read books and engage in our free activities, you'll become eligible to win badges and prizes. You can start recording your reading time and participating in our summer activities beginning on Monday, June 15, 2020!
How do I Start?
To get the most out of your summer reading experience, we recommend that you create a Beanstack account. Parents can create accounts for their children and themselves. Teens can create their own Beanstack account at their parent's discretion.
In Beanstack, you'll earn badges as you log your reading time and the activities you've completed. You can also track the books you've read, write book reviews, and more. Individuals who complete enough badges in our "Imagine Your Story" summer program challenge will also be entered automatically into the library's end of summer prize drawing to win gift certificates to Sliced Pizza Co. or Piggly Wiggly!
To register, visit the library's Beanstack page or login through the app available for Apple devices and from the Google App Store. Beanstack will automatically direct readers to appropriate challenges based on their age.
A paper reading and activity log is also available via a printable PDF or at the library. Anyone who prefers not to or is unable to use Beanstack may use the paper log to record their reading and activities, and then return it to a librarian to enter. (We really encourage using Beanstack if you can however!)
Here are activities that you can enjoy from the Scandinavia Public Library this summer. All of them can be accessed through Beanstack!
- "Imagine Your Story" 2020 Summer Program (all ages)
- Reading challenge
- Write book reviews; younger children can create picture reviews
- Enjoy Grab & Go activities from the library. Check our Facebook page to see what we have available. Log at least 6 activities, and you'll receive a $3 gift certificate to ScandiHus—enough for a coffee or a scoop of ice cream!
- Visit the story walk in Jorgens Park Preserve. Log at least 5 visits, and you'll receive a free plant from your home for your house or garden!
- Use our writing prompts in Beanstack to expand your skills. Complete at least 6 writing prompts to receive your own writing journal!
- Complete enough of these activities you'll be entered in our End of Summer prize drawing. Four individuals will win a $20 Sliced Pizza Co. gift certificate (2 total) or a $25 Piggly Wiggly gift card (2 total)!
- Book Groups for adults, teens, children, and picture book readers
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten (ages 0-5 and their caregivers)